Md Shahriar Iqbal
Phd Candidate in Computer Science and Engineering University of South Carolina Columbia SC
Advisor. Dr. Pooyan Jamshidi
Concentration: Configurable Systems and Optimization
University of Central Florida , Orlando, FL MS in Electrical Engineering Aug. 2013 – Dec. 2014 Conc. Robotic Grasping
University of Dhaka , Dhaka, BD BS in Applied Physics, Electronics and Communication Engineering Apr. 2006 – Jun. 2011
Johnson Space Center— Vehicle Navigation , Houston, TX Computer Engineer (Contract) April. 2018 – July. 2018
- Developed an automated solution to identify critical points in vehicular navigation trajectory.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise— Data Center Infrastructure , Houston, TX System Software Engineer II Nov. 2015 – Feb. 2018
- Developed the analytics segment forHPE Workload Advisorthat utilizes a message passing protocol between subcomponents in a distributed environment to identify bottlenecks using live and aggregate data.
- Developed a system to identify irregular workload behavior of enterprise applications in rack, blade, and tower servers using a one shot classifier with semantics.
Hewlett Packard— Server Performance Engineering , Houston, TX System Software Engineer Jun. 2015 – Nov. 2015
- Developed a data collection toolLinuxKIthat tracks Linux network system calls to capture inbound and outbound statistics per socket, capture futex calls and C-state transitions for each CPU and memory mapped files utilizing a state machine design which is in use by internal HPE engineers for system performance tuning.
University of South Carolina— Artificial Intelligence Systems Laboratory , Columbia, SC Graduate Assistant Aug. 2018 – Current.
- Developed a cost-aware multi-objective optimization algorithmFlexiBOto find Pareto optimal solutions in Deep Neural Network systems in resource constrained edge and IoT devices.
- Developed a tool calledCADETto performance debug and control software systems using graphical causal models by intervention using ranked counterfactual queries.
- Implemented transfer learning methods for performance modeling of Deep Neural Network systems.
- Taught Java programming and data structure courses, graded assignments and milestones for capstone senior design projects.
University of Central Florida— Computational Control Systems Laboratory , Orlando, FL Research Assistant Aug. 2013 – Apr. 2015
- Developed automated grasping algorithms, interfaced Baxter Research Robot with IH2 Azzura hand, pro- grammed Baxter robot to implement developed algorithms, conducted literature reviews and assisted under- graduate students on research projects.
- Assisted designing course material for Electrical Machine course, graded homework and programming assign- ments and acted as a web master.
Programming Language: Python, C, C++, Java, Scala.
Distributed System Tools: Spark, Hadoop, HDFS, Map Reduce, Rabbitmq, Docker, OpenMP, CUDA. Databases: Cassandra, Elasticsearch, Postgres. Machine Learning: Tensorflow, PyTorch, Keras, Scikit-Learn, BoTorch, GPyOpt, anake-causal, dowhy, CuDNN. OS: Linux, Windows, Android.
- MS. Iqbal , L. Kotthoff and P. Jamshidi;Transfer Learning for Performance Modeling of Deep Neural Network Systems; USENIX conference on Operational Machine Learning (OpML) May 2019, Santa Clara, USA.
- MS. Iqbal , R. Krishna, MA. Javidian, B. Ray and P. Jamshidi;CADET: Debugging Misconfigurations using Counterfactual Reasoning; Machine Learning for Systems Workshop at Neural Information Processing Systems (NeurIPS) December 2020.
- MS. Iqbal , J. Su, L. Kotthoff and P. Jamshidi;FlexiBO: Cost-Aware Multi-Objective Optimization of Deep Neural Networks; Submitted to Journal of Artificial Intelligence and Research (JAIR).
Network Security (Fall 2019): Development of enhanced Android App-Repackaging Attack on In-Vehicle Network.
Computer Architecture (Fall 2019): Implementation of an algorithm to compute the scheduling requirements of MIPS assembly language programs.
Designed a system for developing power aware algorithms for Scala Akka Dispatcher to reduce resource starvation which results in decreased power consumption.
Compiler Construction Jan. 2019 – May. 2019
- Development of a simple C compiler to handle variable declarations, expressions, functions, statements with semantic error checking and pointer and array operations.
Robotic Grasping and Control Aug. 2013 – Apr. 2015
- Developed a learning system to grasp unknown objects using Weighted Random Forest Algorithm from selective image and point cloud features.
- Implemented autonomous robot grasping strategy using Convolutional Neural Network and used Gramian Angular Field for feature visualization.
Awards and Services
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Innovation Recognition, Dec. 2016.
- Graduate Fellowship at University of Central Florida, Aug. 2013 - May 2014.
- Undergraduate Talent Pool Scholarship at University of Dhaka, May 2012.